Cookie Control Icon

Support for pensionable age households in Erdington

For those over 65 years (born on or before 30th September 1956), who are experiencing hardship and live in the Erdington Constituency (Castle Vale, Erdington, Gravelly Hill, Kingstanding, Perry Common, Pype Hayes, Stockland Green) a one-off grant payment of up to £200 from the Household Support Fund may be available.

The Household Support fund is provided by Birmingham City Council to support households in Birmingham to cover essentials such as food and energy (gas, electricity, and water) costs. The fund has already paid out £6 million to 30,000 Birmingham households of working-age adults and households with children since opening in June 2022. This has exhausted the currently available grant allocation to these household groups.

However, there is still money available for households of citizens of pensionable age experiencing hardship, where the uptake has been significantly lower. So, if you live in the Erdington locality, experiencing hardship, over 65 and would like to find out more or make an application then please call us on 0121 748 0897.

Hilary Tomlinson, Health & Wellbeing Project Lead said:

We are actively reaching out to pensionable age households that are currently struggling with the rise in the cost of living, to tell them about the Household Support Fund.  The uptake in applying to the fund from households of pensionable age has been very low compared to households of families and working aged people.

However, from talking to people in our local community we know the need is there and older people are struggling with the cost-of-living increase. So, if you are an older person or carer, family member who would like more information on how to apply for financial support from the fund, please get in touch.

Compass Support’s  Health & Wellbeing Team provide a range of support for local citizens through a variety of different projects and activities aimed at reducing isolation, prompting positive physical and mental health, so, if the Household Support Fund is not what you  currently need,  you can always get in touch to see how we can help you can find us by clicking here: