Bevan Brittan will become legal partner to Birmingham-based housing and community organisation The Pioneer Group, taking effect from 1 July 2019. The partnership will see Bevan Brittan working closely with the Group to advise it on a wide range of legal issues and help it work towards its strategic aims and objectives.
The Pioneer Group is an organisation committed to enabling people to reach their true potential by giving them access to housing, family, health, youth and employment support services. It comprises a number of Group members including:
- Castle Vale Community Housing – community led housing in Castle Vale, Birmingham
- Compass Support – providing support for young people, families, vulnerable groups and adults
- Stockland Green Opportunity Housing and Training – providing affordable housing in Stockland Green, North Birmingham
- Pioneer Places – providing new housing including through the re-purchase of homes
- Merlin Venture – running the Tiggy Winkles community nurseries in Castle Vale, providing affordable childcare to help parents in work
Bevan Brittan will act as sole legal advisor for a number of the organisation’s operations such as:
- Corporate Compliance
- Human Resources
- Finance & Securitisation
- Development and Home Ownership
Hannah Pryce, Executive Support Manager & Company Secretary at The Pioneer Group, said:
We are looking forward to working with Bevan Brittan as we continue to grow and develop our services across the Group. We are sure their experience, expertise and commitment to social value through our new partnership will be invaluable to us and the communities we serve.
Sarah Greenhalgh, Senior Associate at Bevan Brittan who will be leading the relationship with The Pioneer Group, said:
We are delighted at this partnership with The Pioneer Group. It is an exciting organisation that is doing some fantastic work around Birmingham and beyond. We have a large and experienced Housing practice at Bevan Brittan, including a strong team in our Birmingham office, and work with many housing associations and community groups across the country. We look forward to working closely with the Group over the coming years, supporting their activities and helping them pursue their progressive community agenda.