Youth Promise Plus is a Birmingham and Solihull Employment Pathway Project supported by the European Social Fund and Youth Employment Initiative.
The Pioneer Group are leading the YPP East Locality Delivery, working with a consortium of organisations to support nearly 3000 young people aged 15-29 who are not in employment, education or training aiming to empower them to maximize their potential. The partners all have Intervention Workers who:
· Work in Job Centre Plus Offices and Community Venues across the locality,
· Offer outreach support within community settings,
· Offer coaching and mentoring on a one-to-one basis
· Provide high quality careers information advice and guidance
· Offer a variety of group based training interventions
· Facilitate meaningful work related activities, volunteering and work experience
· Support the transition into employment, education and training with a ‘work first’ approach.
Our part in the Youth Promise Plus is an exciting opportunity to empower young people in the communities of East Birmingham to achieve their potential and make positive change.
Intervention Workers are embedded within a range of venues across districts in East Birmingham working directly with disadvantaged young people. Intervention Workers provide intensive mentoring and pastoral support, providing a ‘wrap-around’ service enabling the young people to address a variety of barriers including debt, health, housing, basic skills and personal development challenges. We aim to resolve these barriers swiftly keeping the focus on gaining employment or workplace experience or training leading directly to employment within an average of 6 weeks.
To find out more, or to access our services please use the contact details shown below:
Project Manager – Nora Darby
Phone contact –0121 749 1730