We are sorry to hear that you want to make complaint. We understand that sometimes things do go wrong and we want to make it easy to sort things out. We have a simple complaints procedure which aims to put things right quickly.
We try to sort out problems informally as we find that is the quickest way to put things right and we don’t want to keep you waiting. If this is something we haven’t been made aware of before you might find it quicker to deal with the issue as a request for service. Click here to go to the form and we will process this for you straight away.
There are some things we can’t process through the complaint procedure such as:
- Matters where legal proceedings have started or a court, tribunal or other legal body has made a decision;
- Complaints that are not about our service – for example fly-tipping on council land
- A service request – such as reporting a repair. However, you can though complain about how a repair or a case of anti-social behaviour was handled;
- Anti-social behaviour (by a neighbour or community member) – This is processed through our anti-social behaviour policy. However, you can though complain about how a case of anti-social behaviour was handled;
- Incidents or occurrences that happened over 12 months ago;
- Complaints that have already gone through our complaints procedure and that have been provided with a final response.
If you have one of these issues and remain dissatisfied, get in touch with our team where we can explain in more detail.
If you do want to continue to raise a complaint, our complaints process is summarised below.